Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Meet Emily

I love tea and would love to throw a tea party. There is one problem with that; I don't have a tea set. I have a plan to remedy that, however. My plan is to collect used sets with purple flowers on them. I told this to my mother and she gave me this one:



I think it is quite pretty. I am calling her "Emily". I don't know why I felt it needed a name, but it just feels right.  Today I christened her with a small tea party for me. I made Irish Scones and topped them with Rhubarb Jam and whipped cream. Yes, I know it show be clotted cream, but it is hard to find here. I do have a recipe for it, but it makes a lot. Here is a picture of my little feast:


It was very tasty. I think I will have it for breakfast tomorrow too...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wonderful! It reminds me of my trip to Cornwall some weeks ago. It was the first time that I used milk to improve the taste of tea, a great experience. I will never drink tea without milk in future...

    I'm sure you've enjoyed your little feast, so I hope you will find some friends for Emily soon! And good luck when looking for clotted cream, it is so tasty - you will love it!

    ReplyDelete