Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

30 Days of Biking: Day 6


Theme of the Day: To the Mississippi River and Back

Ursula along the banks of the Mississippi River.
(That is an island, not the far bank, in the background.)

Today’s 30 Daysof Biking ride was 10.73 miles; down Kumquat to Egret over to the Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park and then up two nice trails back to the Sand Creek Trail by my home.


My route today was partially decided by a comment left yesterday by my friend Thomas. He said that soon I would be able to ride to the Mississippi River and back, so today I just had to try it.


I only live 3.3 miles from the Mississippi River and closer than that as the crow flies. So really it is not that far. Though the direct route does have some traffic to deal with.


I know that I will be taking more rides to the Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park; it has wonderful trails and a bike/pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi River. It also links to a trail system that goes all the way down to Minneapolis. And best of all? It has nice public restrooms!





View April 6. 2012 in a larger map




The dam.



3 comments:

  1. Fun! I grew up on the delta of the Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was a perfect day to ride along the Mississippi River.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I inspired you to visit the Mississippi River... I took a the look at the trail maps - wonderful, there is surely much more for you to explore and discover!

    ReplyDelete