Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

National Bike Month: Day 4




I was contemplating my ride map today and I realized that I almost always stay inside the same rectangle of roads. I know why that is, it is because I don't like crossing major roads, but today's ride really emphasized it. The funny thing is that if I were to ride only that rectangle of roads like this:


I would only ride 4.9 miles. I actually rode further using the trails. It is also much prettier on the trails, not to mention safer!


Miles Today: 4.99
Total Miles 2013: 172.58
Total Miles National Bike Month: 15.39
Total Miles for National Bike Challenge: 15.39
Days in a row: 34
Temperature: about 45 degrees

2 comments:

  1. Are there any special traffic lights for bicyclists when crossing those major roads (as it would be here in Germany)? Or do you have to get to a car lane? Or maybe you must use a pedestrian crosswalk (if there is any)? How biker-friendly is Coon Rapids...?

    By the way, when looking at my recorded GPS tracks (afoot, on bike or by car), I sometimes try to interpret their form: What does the outlines show? Though, often I have no idea at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done, I really should get my bike out of the shed where it's been gathering cobwebs since last year ...

    ReplyDelete