Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

National Bike Month: Day 6

17.5 Miles today 


I had some issues with my mapping app on my ride today. I tried to remap it in Google but there were some spots where Google says I can't ride, so I had to map around them. I think in the end it was about 17.5 miles. (Here and Here are the actual maps from my app.) I am still 11 miles behind where I need to be to stay on course for 300 miles this month, but I am not too worried about it. I should be able to ride quite a bit this week and I will catch up. 

I was very excited about riding along the Mississippi River today.  Here is a picture of it:


It was the first time that I made it over to the Mississippi River Trail this year and I had all sorts of plans. At first I was contemplating riding the trail across the river, then I saw a sign saying that the trail across the river is closed until December. So then I thought I might just ride down it for a bit, but then I saw this sign:


I diverted onto a dirt trail that looked like it would take me around the construction  but I cam upon more fencing. I ended up riding out on the dirt trail and taking the roads to the trails that lead north to our house. I did get to watch some ducks along the way, at least that is something. 


I am bummed though. I had long term plans of riding over that trail to a huge park on the other side. It is a lot of extra miles to go around that bridge. I would have to turn around as soon as I was to the park at this point. I guess there is always next summer...

Miles Today: 17.5
Total Miles 2013: 207.07
Total Miles National Bike Month: 49.88
Total Miles for National Bike Challenge: 49.88
Days in a row: 36

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment, that is so cool we have the same name! AND I was out on my bike today in the English countryside - would love to ride along the Mississippi some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pity that you weren't able to achieve your biking plan on the planned route. I assume you enjoyed your trip to the mighty Mississippi River though!

    ReplyDelete