Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh My...It's Turkey Pot Pie!

Tonight for supper I made one of the DH and I's favorite meals: pot pie. The actual recipe is for a Chicken Pot Pie, but I usually make it with turkey. Sometime in August we roasted a turkey. I froze the leftover meat and made turkey stock from the bones. I used those in place of the chicken and chicken stock called for in the recipe. The recipe makes a huge amount of pot pie. Usually I halve all of the amounts, but today I had enough of everything to make two pot pies. Now I have one to freeze! I see a very easy supper coming my way.






Oh, I do make one other change in the recipe. I never buy pie crust, I always make my own. I like to use Martha Stewart’s Pate Brisee. It makes a wonderful crust that I have never had a problem with. Also it makes enough that I usually have extra to make Pie Crust Cookies with. The DH it not fond of them, but I love them. My mother used to make them all the time.



In case it is not obvious, basically you take the trimmings of the pit crust, brush them with water and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar (or just plain sugar). Bake until done. Mine took 15 minutes at 400°.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about my nosiness, but who is DH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH is short for "Dear Husband". It is a common abbreviation on blog posts. Other commonly used abbreviations are MIL for mother-in-law and SIL for sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete