Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

French Friday's with Dorie: Quinoa, Fruit and Nut Salad

~After Christmas I bought Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan. Shortly thereafter I found the group French Fridays with Dorie. Each week we cook one recipe from the book.~





A post! Finally! Yes, I am pretty much healthy now. I am happy to say I was up to making the French Fridays dish this week. The recipe this week was Quinoa, Fruit and Nut Salad. I was excited to try it because I have been wanting to add quinoa to my diet, but past experience with it has not been good. I really liked this one though. I used apricots, dried cranberries, mint, parsley, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Tasty! I did not like it on the lettuce greens though. It is a winning recipe, I will be making it again!

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Your dish looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to read that you are healthy again finally! Your salad looks very tasty, great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you are feeling better! Your salad looks so good. Totally agree with you on the salad greens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well... but glad you were able to reverse your bad experience with quinoa. I loved it and yours looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great you're feeling better and this recipe is so crazy healthy you must feel like a million bucks! Hope it just keeps gett'n better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. Hope your venture into quinoa is a keeper for you! (I ditched the green leaves & thought it was just perfect that way...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quinoa will make you feel better :) lovely salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling better and that you loved the salad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back. This was a great recipe for feeling healthy, or at least it is one of the healthiest things we have cooked in this house in a while :) our photos are lovely and I am sorry I did not use red lettuce as well. I will be revisiting this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you're on the mend! Your quinoa looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely salad! I did enjoy it with the lettuce greens; felt more like a complete meal. I hope you continue having great experiences with the quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better! Your salad looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling better. Your salad looks delicious. I served it plain (no greens or yogurt) and loved it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you're feeling better and I loved seeing your finished dish. Wonderful job and great photos! Continued good health! Looking forward to seeing your post next Friday.

    ReplyDelete