Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Honey Challenge: Day 7


It has been a very trying week here. Between the sadness of Walters' passing, the frustration of trying to reunite a lost dog to its owner* and the anger at having our garage broken into it has been a really crummy week. I did, however, wash my face with honey everyday and continued to wash my hair the Sorta No 'Poo way. I can not say that my skin is fabulous, but I can say it is not worse and I will keep washing it with honey for at least one more week. Tomorrow on Crunchy Betty there will be some new ideas to add to the honey wash, so I expect one of those might be what I need to be really dazzled. 

My hair, however, is a different story. I am quite please with how my hair is doing. I have washed it everyday with the Sorta No 'Poo method and it feels good. This week I am going to try skipping a few days and only water rinsing on the skipped days. This is what I do most of the time, since I wear my hair up a lot in the summer. It has been so beastly hot though I just felt I had to wash it, for I felt sticky all over. Ick. 

This coming week I will continue both experiments and I will let you know how it goes. I have several events happening this week though, so I expect I might not be back here until Friday. Have a happy week!

~~~~~~
*Just after the Fourth of July a flyer went around about a lost dog. I kept the flyer on my refrigerator for a week and then I recycled it. Well, after Walter passed I was looking at animals at the Humane Society and I saw the dog listed there! But the flyer was gone. I tried all sorts of avenues, but I was never able to find his owners. In the end I made a flyer of my own and posted it in hopes that the owners will see it. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Cool to hear your hair's feeling some difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have had such a bad week, Ronda, and that is so terrible about your garage being broken into. Good for you for keeping up with the challenge and finding success with your hair. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a better week than the last one! I'm curious how your two experiments are going on.
    Hopefully your flyer will reach the the dog owner, so that the two can be reunited soon!

    ReplyDelete