Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Day at the Great Minnesota Get Together!

Rodney and I  spent the morning at the Minnesota State Fair. We were smart and left the house at 7:30 and took an Express Bus from the Blaine National Sport's Center. Man, that bus was packed too! When we first got there not everything was open and it was not very crowded, but by 12:30 it was time to go. Here is the day in pictures (okay, we had a few other things to eat too...this is just all that we are admitting to):

Our first planned stop was for Red Velvet  Funnel Cake. It was all the way across the fairgrounds, so we saw a few things on the way. My favorite was the Scamp Trailers. I think they would be so fun to set out on a trip with! 
Swedish Egg Coffee!

It was the second thing with got, but sadly we did not get to have it with the funnel cake.
Sometime after that there was a ride on the Space Tower.

Minneapolis from the Space Tower.
St. Paul from the Space Tower.
Lamb Fries.
My reward for trying a tiny bit of Lamb Fries.

Yes, Rodney likes Spam. I have no comment. 

Lincoln in seeds.
A Chicken!!

Go here for your glass of milk, not the Dairy Building. 

The Best Freakin' Root Beer on Earth!
Just look at that Root Beer awesomeness!
The Great Corn Dog vs Pront Pup Debate! I say, "GO  Corn Dogs!" (No, I don't know that lady in the background. I just could not figure out how to edit the photo in a way not to show her.) 

Time to go home!

6 comments:

  1. OMG, all that Spam...that's insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! And so many delicious culinary delights which are completely unknown to me: The funnel cake, Swedish egg coffee, and the root beer (I'm absolutely curious about tasting it next year).

    Well, the only exception of yummy things would be the Lamb Fries. I have not known it before, and even after following the Internet link I haven't known more: The word "testicle" was not part of my word pool, so I had to look it up in my dictionary. Oh, what a surprise! No, no, no, I'm sure I would never try them... Hence, your reward was really well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I remember correctly, the Spam Museum is in Minnesota? So the Spam display makes total sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is in Autin, MN. I have never been there, but Rodney has!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Ronda. The best thing about going to the fair is sampling all the different food they sell. The red velvet funnel cake looks delicious. I have never heard of lamb fries and your ice cream cone was well deserved for trying them. It looks like you have such a fun day. Hope you had a great summer. It's hard to believe that fall is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like y'all had a blast! I grew up eating spam so I can't say....but Red Velvet Funnel Cakes? My heart pitter patters!!!

    ReplyDelete