Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Walk: March 29, 2010


Today I walked to the Post Office as my daily walk. It ended up being a 3.76 mile (6.05k) walk. I am beginning to think that I might have to change from 5k per day to 5 miles per day. Though, I have to admit my walk today really tired me out.

I truly hate crossing the intersection I show above. It is not at all pedestrian friendly. It is at an odd angle and drivers seem extra annoyed that you might try to walk across. Actually my entire walk was not very pedestrian friendly. What I find truly annoying is the lack of sidewalks (sadly I can say this about all of my walks). I did have sidewalks while walking down Foley Boulevard to the Post Office, but not always on both sides of the road. So I have to cross from the right side and back again to get to the Post Office. Then on the way home I took some back streets and I don't believe I had any sidewalks from that point forward.

About the other pictures: I was very excited to find the lion statue! There were actually two of them on either side of a driveway. This one was in better light. I thought the bear was cute. I don't know that I would have it in my yard, but it is cute. Mind you, I do often tell Rodney that I want to get a big statue of a bull (or possibly a dinosaur) to put in the front yard. Just think how easy it would be to get a pizza delivered! As always there are pictures of birds, nests and plants. I like birds, nests and plants, so expect to see a lot of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment