Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Walk and In The Yard

I have taken a few short walks in the past few days, but nothing over a mile or so. I hope to get back into walking next week. My lack of long walks means no pictures of my journey's. Instead I have pictures of what is growing in my yard. In the "Soft Fruit" category, I have strawberries and a raspberry bush coming up. I also have rhubarb, but I am not sure I can call that a fruit. A surprise in the yard is that my mint, catnip and tarragon have all returned from last year without the need to be replanted. I knew that the mint and catnip were perennials, but I have never actually had them come back. The tarragon was a total surprise. I don't have a picture of it, but my chives are doing well too. The purple flowers are a weed that my neighbor would love to kill, but I think they are pretty this time of year. I am a bit concerned about that orange bush, I don't think it is supposed to be that color!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to see how life returns after a long winter? Even a weed can be so pretty - though the orange bush looks indeed a little strange.

    ReplyDelete