Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Book Review: The Sweet Life in Paris


I have spent the last couple days being ill and reading "The Sweet Life in Paris" by David Lebovitz. The writing was bright and fun, but I now am not sure I ever want to go to Paris. Oh, I want to eat in Paris, but now I am afraid of bodily harm walking the streets of Paris. Several of the essays are about the rudeness of Parisians and how they and other French people all know it. It does not make it some like a "fun" trip. His descriptions of chocolate shops and bakeries do, however. So I guess if I am feeling brave and really crazy for chocolate I will buy tickets, until then I will just fulfill my chocolate needs from the wonderful recipes in this book.

1 comment:

  1. The book cover looks very interesting - what a pretty little store! I hope your cold will be past soon, all my best wishes!

    ReplyDelete