Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Balms and Salves


I ordered this book a week or so ago from The Essential Herbal site and I LOVE it. About a month or so ago, I started a Plantain and Violet Salve from the herban lifestyle blog. I was excited to be able to use "weeds" from my yard to make something useful. I thought that the method on the herban lifestyle blog was easy, but the method in this book is even easier and there are so many ideas! I will be able to make gifts for everyone on my Christmas/Yule list this year. 






3 comments:

  1. I have not yet thought of making a salve of my own, but it sounds great to use the "weeds" of your yard to produce a salve. So natural, so organic, fantastic! Much fun and good luck with the recipes!

    By the way: What's Yule? I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yule is basically Christmas. Though some would say it is actually the Winter Solstice.

    I have tons of ideas for different gifts. I am quite excited, let's just hope the recipients of my gifts are as excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a handy wiki-link:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

    ReplyDelete