Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Awards: Stylish Blogger Award!

I am excited to say that I have won my first blog award! Yummy Chunklet has awarded me a “Stylish Blogger Award.” Isn't it pretty?



There are four criteria I need to meet for getting this award:
I. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
II. Share seven things about yourself.
III. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
IV. Contact said bloggers and tell them about their award.

So here goes!

First, we go to the thank you. I want to thank Yummy Chunklet for awarding me this honor. I just found her blog a few weeks ago because we both participate in French Fridays with Dorie. She always has a fun take on the recipe. Yesterday she had a really fun jello dessert featured that I am going to be making for the Super Bowl.  You really should wander over there and take a look!

Second, seven things about me. This part was harder than I thought it would be!

1. The first cake I ever baked was a white cake with lemon filling and coconut frosting. It was delicious, but making it was a total disaster. Everything that could go wrong did. The hand mixer even started smoking and died in the middle of preparing it! It is a wonder that I ever baked again.

2. I hate my food to touch on my plate. I am not as bad about this as I used to be, but the thought of gravy touching cranberry sauce still makes me a bit queasy.

3. I love visiting churches. I am fascinated by their design and their history. Some of the churches I have visited are Westminster Cathedral in London, St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans and Grace Cathedral in San Francisco.

Inside St. Louis Cathedral, NOLA.

Westminster Cathedral, London.

Grace Cathedral, San Francisco, CA.

4. The only pets I have had since I moved away from home have been white cats. The first to come along was Señor Poco Lobo, who was called Bobo for short. Then one day I found a pitiful little white kitten curled up on my steps. Of course I took him in. He was named Kyoto. When Bobo passed away Kyoto was very sad. At the same time I heard of a cat that needed a home. I thought they would be friends, so Walter came to live with us. Unfortunately, Walter did not help Kyoto as much as I wished, but he did help with some of his loneliness. After Kyoto passed away I did not get another cat. Walter seems quite happy being the King of the House.

Bobo is big one in the back and Kyoto it the one in the front.

Walter in his Halloween costume. He is not very fond of it.

5. I have a crescent shaped scar on my right hand from a burning marshmallow falling on it at a cookout in second grade. For many years it looked like a butterfly.

6. I believe that if you are going to drink alcohol you should drink the best you can afford. My usual drink is a gin and tonic. I like Bombay Sapphire for the gin and Boylan's for the tonic with a squeeze of lime.

7. I love agate hunting. I used to do it for hours as a child. I don’t have the opportunity to go out as much as I used to. There is nothing like spotting one, cleaning it off and seeing the wonderful bands of color.

Third, awards to fifteen recently discovered blogs. This was very hard. I read a lot of blogs, but not all of them really fall into the spirit of this award. Many that I think do fall into the spirit of this award are not “recently discovered”. I also had the problem that some of the sites I would have awarded it to are the same as YummyChuncklets. So I had a bit of a dilemma! I decided to go with blogs that I had found in the last six months or so and to slightly stretch the spirit of the award.

Some of these sites listed below will very likely ignore this award, but that is okay I love them so much I want everyone to know about them!

October Farm
The Sunroom
Crazy Coley's Crochet
Corn Poppy Girl
Cordelia's Cauldron
Insani-TEA Blog
Evil Cake Lady
~elra~
smitten kitchen
Martha and Me
Savvy Housekeeping
Totally Tutorials
Ancientfoods
Paranormal Podcast
Vegan Thyme

(Though it is not a "recently discovered" blog, as a sixteenth listing I would add my friend Thomas' blog.)

And now, fourth, I will contact each of those bloggers to tell them that I have awarded them the Stylish Blogger Award.

Thanks again Yummy Chunklet!

7 comments:

  1. Well thank you! I would have had this post up a bit earlier, but I spent the day helping a friend who threw her back out. It is hard to blog with a toddler around! I have no idea how mother's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award Ronda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your award! thanks for mentioning me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ronda, you and your blog really deserve this award, it's always a great pleasure to read new posts there. Congratulations!

    Thank you for mentioning my blog, I'm happy to know someone who is interested in what I'm writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award and thanks so much for extending it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for your award and thank you for extending it to me!!! This caps off a fabulous week:)

    ReplyDelete