Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Best laid plans and all...

Today was supposed to be a big posting day. I was going to make the French Friday’s With Dorie Chicken B’stilla for supper last night and the Daring Bakers challenge of Biscuit Joconde Imprime/Entremet for a friend’s birthday today. My plan had been to start both on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I was not able to prepare either dish, for it has been a hectic week in Ronda-land!  There have been bad backs, electronics to set up and other weirdness’s to deal with; some of them mine, some of them other people’s. Today I am off to watch my niece/God-Daughter #1 play basketball. I should be back to normal posting by Sunday. That is God willing and the creek don’t rise!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read that your back is hurting again, get well soon! Enjoy your niece's basketball match and have a relaxing weekend!

    By the way, it was interesting to read an article about the origin of the "God & Creek" phrase (http://is.gd/juhejo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it is a friend of mine whose back is out. Mine is feeling pretty good!

    Actually I did not realize that phrase was referring to the Creek nation. Now I might need to stop using it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my Daring Bakers' post :) Sorry you didn't do it this month but some of these recipes can be really a lot of work and when life gets overwhelming I sometimes don't get around to it either. Can't wait to find out what February's challenge will be!

    ReplyDelete