I grew up eating Blondies and I love them. This recipe has had a home in our Tried & Chewed folder for a couple of years. I found it when I needed something to bring to a potluck. For that occasion I actually quadrupled the recipe and it turned out great. Since then I have made them in various forms. This time I only made a 9 X 9 pan and used pistachios for the nuts. They were very, very tasty.
Blondies (Adapted from AllRecipes.Com.)
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon homemade* vanilla extract
½ to 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix dry ingredients. Give a stir with a whisk. Set aside.
3. Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. Let it cool down a bit.
4. Add egg and vanilla. Blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
5. Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
*Okay, you can use any vanilla you want, but homemade is so easy.