Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Tried & Chewed: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I decided that I wanted to make Chocolate Chip Cookies today, but I did not have a lot of chocolate chips. So I went looking for a recipe. I found these cookies on Martha Stewart, but I still did not have enough chocolate chips. I also did not have enough peanuts. I fixed this problem by adding some pecans, dates and macadamia nuts until I had about 4 cups of add ins. Of course you could use most anything. I would have used coconut and raisins, but the hubbles hates both.

The recipe worked out really well. This recipe will make it into our Tried & Chewed folder. The one tip I would pass on is to let the cookies cool on the pans for at least a few minutes, otherwise they will squish as you try to take them off the pan. 



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Mix 1:
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt

Mix 2:
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
  
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Add ins:
1 cups salted whole peanuts
1 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup dates

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Stir together ingredients for Mix 1; set aside.

Mix ingredients for Mix 2 in stand mixer and mix until fluffy.

Mix in eggs and vanilla.

Add Mix 1, and mix until just combined. Mix in add ins.

Drop balls of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets.

Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 13 to 15 minutes.

Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. 


2 comments: