Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Tea and Crumpets with Elizabeth



A new teacup has arrived for my collection. She was a birthday gift from my mother. I am calling her Elizabeth. For her inaugural use I made a cup of Black Chocolate Cream Tea and crumpets with butter and honey. It was the first time I had tried that flavor of tea and I must say it was remarkable. It was very smooth with a rich chocolaty feel. It did not have a strong chocolate flavor, but it did have a lovely scent. As far as the crumpets go, what is not to like about a buttery crumpet? 


Front of cup.

Back of cup.

Now that I have four teacups I am going to start looking for nice dessert plates to go with them. I am not abandoning my teacup search, but I have realized my folly in not looking for plates to go with them. How am I to serve treats to guests if I do not have a nice plate to put them on?

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Elizabeth! That chocolate flavored tea sounds very interesting - and it seems to be quite popular: All sizes are currently out of stock on the dragonwater website...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that. I bought mine at the Wedge in bulk. I had some of their Earl Grey this morning. Very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tea service. The crumpets also look delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete