Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

French Friday's with Dorie: Garlicky Crumb-Coated Broccoli

~After Christmas I bought Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan. Shortly thereafter I found the group French Fridays with Dorie. Each week we cook one recipe from the book.~




This week's French Friday dish was garlicky crumb-coated broccoli. All I can say is "Mmmm...mmmm...mmmm!!" Rodney and I both loved it. Okay, it does not photograph well, but it was lovely. Steamed broccoli dusted with tasty bread crumbs? What is not to like? I made a Rachel Ray fish dish to go with it that had almost the exact same coating! (The fish photographed worse than the broccoli, so I did not include it here.) I thought it was interesting how the crumb topping took on different characteristics in each dish. I will be making this again!

12 comments:

  1. I also served my broccoli with fish! And I think your photo looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of people have said they don't think this photographs well, but I think your picture looks good. There's only so much you can do with green and brown!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very tasty! And I think fish has been a very good choice to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed. Fish sounds like a great accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to put these bread crumbs on everything now. It sounds wonderful with the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fish and broccoli sounds like a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this topping would be great on fish. I served my broccoli with chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also did fish with the broccoli (leaves)! I seared up some tuna steaks. It was a perfect, almost light meal. I scaled back on the butter by about a tablespoon, but still felt decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We went crazy over this combo. Both Nana's house and mine thought it was over the moon. And I agree that this is going to be my "go to" recipe for broccoli..not to mention my trying it on other items. So interesting RR had used it for fish- great idea !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great combination! I had this for lunch today with chicken breast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic combo and you've done a wonderful job with the challenge. I really enjoyed my visit here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful way to cook the broccoli.

    ReplyDelete