Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

30 Days of Biking: Day 19

Theme of the Day: There are only so many hills in me!
The trail wanders past this swampy-ness at one point.
I think it looks like a good set for a Harry Potter movie.  
The weather forecast for today was rain, rain and more rain. With that in mind I decided I should get my 30 Days of Biking ride in early today. I had only planned to go a few miles, but it did not look like I would be rained on so I kept going and I ended up going 10.3 miles. Not too shabby!

The hills today, however, were crazy hard. What I haven't mentioned here before is that I also work out on our old Total Gym on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Yesterday I increased my leg exercises a bit. Between those extra moves and riding about 30 miles between Tuesday and Wednesday my legs are feeling the burn. This makes hills a bit more challenging.

I did fine at first. It wasn't until I rode over Egret that it really got bad. The overpass on Egret is both a hill and a curve. Today the wind was coming at a good clip right in my face. It was brutal. I made it over without stopping, but I did not make it over all of hills the rest of the way home. I made it home though, so I guess all is good!



View April 19, 2012 in a larger map

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like your leg exercises are helping with the hills. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This swampy place would be a quite frightening location in a dark and foggy night... Better luck with the weather in the next days!

    ReplyDelete