Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

30 Days of Biking: Day 20

Theme of the Day: 20 Miles on the 20th!

Trail along Coon Rapids Boulevard.
Yes, that's right I rode 20 miles today! It started out terrible too. I rode up Coon Rapids Boulevard to Jerry's Schwinn to get a seat lock for Ursula. (It is just a small thing, but it keeps honest people honest.) The ride up there was one of the worst I have had. The trail was rough, the wind was in my face and traffic was too close in places. The ride home was much better though. I even learned some history!


I don't think people swim here anymore!




View April 20, 2012 in a larger map

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! 20 miles on the 20th is fantastic! I always am nervous about riding in traffic, but sometimes it is just unavoidable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these signs with short explanations about historic places too. I have seen many of them during my current holiday trip, and it's always interesting to read things which are not mentioned in your travel guide book... Much fun when getting the next distance record! 30m on the 30th...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had thought of that, but I think that I will be working on the 30th. It is unlikely that I will be able to get in 30 miles that day. It would have been so cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Thomas Oh...and there are tons of Historic Markers here, so you will have a lot to read next summer.

    ReplyDelete