Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

30 Days of Biking: Day 30

Theme of the Day: Success!
30 Days & 255.43 Miles!

Reward!
I did it! 30 days and 255.43 miles on my bike. I am quite pleased with myself! Yes, 300 miles would have been great, but there is always next month! 

Big Dipper Ice Cream Shop, Blaine, MN
I rewarded myself with a stop at the Big Dipper Ice Cream Shop in Blaine. They have a lot of flavors. I usually get the black licorice ice cream, but today I got a simple hot fudge sundae. And it was good.

Some of  my Accomplishments/Discoveries of the last Month:

1. Riding my bike 30 days in a row.
2. Riding over 20 miles in one day.
3. I can ride up most hills!
4. Riding in the rain is not that bad and you get the trail to yourself.
5. Riding really can improve your mood.
6. You need to make time for the things you want to do.
7. Riding bike does amazing things to your butt!
8. People will stop for you on trail crossings but not on crosswalks.
9. Riding bike makes you HUNGRY!
10. It is probably a good idea to get some sort of bike map for longer rides.

I do not plan to stop riding. I hope to continue riding everyday until the snow falls. I won't be blogging all of those rides though. I will post updates on my progress every once-in-awhile and I will post about special/unique rides. Rodney and I are planning to get a bike rack for his car, so we should have some fun rides in the near future.

Happy Trails Everyone!
My welcoming committee. 
Today's 30 Days of Biking Ride = 9.17 miles



View 4/30/2012 5:58 PM in a larger map

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You did it, Ronda. You should be proud of yourself and yes, you deserve to treat yourself to some ice cream! :) Great job! That is a cute photo of Hawthorne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Such a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Ronda, you did it! Even if not all bike rides might have been perfect, you made a lot of amazing and exciting experiences. I agree fully with your discoveries: Riding really improves your mood and it makes you quite hungry! Oh, and it is surely a good idea to use a bike map for longer rides, I do so as well. Or maybe you install a map application on your Android...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do look at maps on the phone, but they are so small!

    ReplyDelete