Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

30 Days of Biking 2013: Day 1


It is that time of year again for 30 Days of Biking. To get ready, last week Rodney and I took Ursula and Monte (our bikes) in to Jerry’s Schwinn for their spring tune-ups. After checking the tires, greasing the chain and readjusting the seats we were ready to roll.

Now if only Mother Nature realized it was April. The average high is supposed to be in the 50° with an average low of 31°. Do you know what the temp was when I left my house this morning? 22°!! It was bright and sunny though.



This year I have a goal of riding an average of 5 miles a day for a total of 150 miles for the month. With the cold temp there was no way I was going to make 5 miles today. I see some really long rides coming up later in the month! Especially since I was only able to stand the cold for 1.3 miles today!



View 30Days Day 1 in a larger map

It is supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow. So, if the wind is not too strong, I will try to at least get in 3 miles. I am going to have to research ways to be warmer while riding. I did have on gloves and a hood today, but they were not nearly enough. No, not at all enough. Brrrrrr!!

3 comments:

  1. It is hard to believe that it is that time of year again, but good for you for doing the challenge again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get discouraged, warmer days will come soon - and then you will be able to enjoy longer bike rides... You will surely have fun and I will keep my finger crossed for you, let's hope for an early arrival of (real) spring!

    ReplyDelete