Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

30 Days of Biking 2013: Day 12

Geese along the trail.

Mother Nature is really making 30 Days of Biking difficult this year! When I hit the road today she was occasionally pelting me with ice pellets and now, about two hours later, it seems to be lightly snowing. The good news is that it is supposed to be in the high 40’s tomorrow so much of it should melt.

I did a bit of a modified “regular route” today. I rode past Woodview Park, but it had not been plowed. So I went back up to Sand Creek Drive and made my way home. I usually go back along the trail, but I just wanted to get home at that point. I was a bit too tired and too cold for an extended ride. I ended up with a 3.7 mile ride though, not too shabby!

Here is the map of my ride. I had to recreate it in Google Maps because I had an issue with my Android GPS mapping app. If you click on the map it will take you to that map, but the one I created is more correct. 


Trail entrance on Kumquat St. I was not sure that it would be plowed.  
Trail entrance on Foley Blvd. I had to carry Ursula over the snow. 
Here is a small video I took of the ducks around the Second Bridge. There are so many! 


Miles Today: 3.7
Total Miles: 35.4

4 comments:

  1. Strangely I cannot see your YouTube video, it is labeled as "private"... Though I can suppose how much you enjoyed watching the ducks in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed a setting. You should be able to view it now. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it works, thank you! The Second Bridge is a really lovely place - so many ducks!

      Delete
  3. Why the ducks don't seem to mind the snow at all! A 3.7 mile ride in those conditions is not shabby at all.

    ReplyDelete