Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

French Friday's with Dorie: Chocolate Financiers

~After Christmas I bought Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan. Shortly thereafter I found the group French Fridays with Dorie. Each week we cook one recipe from the book.~

Okay, I haven't made anything for French Friday's in a coon's age as they say. Today I was inspired by Elaine's French Friday's post, so I made my own batch. She made these lovely little chocolate cakes that are so pretty. Sadly, mine did not work out at all! They are tasty, but they are ugly. You really should go to her blog to see how it should be done.

See...uggggly.

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry, but better luck next time... Fortunately, they were tasty, so you had a profit of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! At least you were inspired to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda, I am so happy that my post inspired you to make these! I don't think they are ugly at all. I'm glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - if they tasted good, that's all that matters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you made them when they were scheduled - I've only just gotten 'round to them this week. I have to say, as much as I enjoyed the almond version, everyone's chocolate financiers are making me wish I'd tried that recipe.

    ReplyDelete