Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

30 Days of Biking 2013: Day 9


Mother Nature is playing games with us.  Everyday we are told that the next day we are going to get rain or snow and then nothing much happens. To be fair it did snow and rain a bit this morning. I thought I would not be going for a 30 Days of Biking ride today, but all of a sudden I looked out of the window and realized it was not snowing and the ground seemed dry.

So I set out for a ride. I really thought it would only be a short ride, but then something amazing happened. It was actually quite warm and... and I saw the sun! (Okay, it was in the upper 40's, so warm might be a bit of a stretch.) Since I know there really is a blizzard on the way to us, I decided to just keep riding. I ended up riding 7.68 miles! I would have gone further, but I was just too tuckered. The wind was strong, and riding into it was very challenging.


Because I was not sure if I would be getting out tomorrow, I decided to take some extra photos today:

Bridge Number 3 or the Lion's Park Bridge.

Coon Creek 

Woodview Park.  It is all clear now, quite a change from last week. 

Railroad Bridge and the other end of the bike tunnel. 

Miles Today: 7.68
Total Miles:  30.88

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good ride and those are great shots that you took. I hope you don't get a blizzard! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, Woodview Park looks very different from last week... I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will be spared from blizzards!

    ReplyDelete