Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

30 Days of Biking 2013: Day 8




Da-Da Da-Dut Da-Da! Six miles today! 6.10 to be exact. It was a bit chilly too, but I had the trail mostly to myself and the wind was pretty low. I ended up riding all the way to Hanson and back. On the way you go through this tunnel:



I find tunnels a bit of a thrill. A couple of the ones I go through have a bit of a curve so they are a mystery too. Also, in the summer they are great because they are usually cooler inside. A nice little respite on a long ride.

I wish I could say that I would be riding the same or more miles tomorrow, but I am fairly sure I will not be. For you see tomorrow it is supposed to snow. Yes, snow. I am not a fan of snow in January, but I am especially un-pleased with it in April!

There is one good thing about the constant cool weather this year; at least the trees won't lose their buds. The last couple of years the trees have been tricked into budding early and then it snowed again and they lost most of them. There is one in my back yard that I am very worried about. So maybe the cold will be an okay thing.

Miles Today: 6.10
Total Miles: 23.2

3 comments:

  1. Oh, boy - I hope it doesn't snow tomorrow! At least you got some extra miles into day. I am with you on the thrill of tunnels - so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like one heck of a route!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weathermen were wrong! By the way, tunnels are somehow "fascinating" for me, especially when driving in a car (just remembering the 10 miles Gotthard Tunnel in Switzerland which I passed through some weeks ago)...

    ReplyDelete