Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

The New Addition...Gertrude.

In my quest to develop a tea set of my own I have started collecting tea paraphernalia. On Saturday the DH wanted to run to Goodwill to see if he could find a meat grinder.  I figured this would be a good time to look for another teacup and saucer. I found several pink flowered sets, but I have been trying to find purple flowered sets. Eventually I found this cup:

   

Now you might notice that it does not have flowers. If you look really close you can see some purple berries. I thought it was really charming, so I picked it up. It did not have a saucer with it, however. So I needed to find a saucer at some point. I figured I might find one at some point in the future, but then I found this saucer on a different shelf:


I thought it matched the cup pretty well. Here are some pictures of them together:

  

See they both have fruit and gold. They also have similar colors. But if you look at there bottoms you see this:

 

Still, they look really good together. I did look them up online. I think that one of these saucers are the actual saucer that goes with this cup:

  

I think it is more likely the one on the right. I was not able to find a cup to go with the saucer. 

I have decided to name this teacup set Gertrude. Here is a picture of Gertrude's inaugural use:



I had Earl Grey tea and Pumpkin Biscotti. The teapot you see I have had for a long time,  but I just found it again last week. It had been packed when I moved in with my husband and I just found it. It was a very nice little tea party.










1 comment:

  1. A very interesting story of your investigations! You're right, both "parts" of Gertrude are matching very well. I haven't seen a teacup with a "painting" inside before, it looks great! And, of course, I'm very curious about the name of the next member of your teacup family... Good luck for your search!

    ReplyDelete