Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Walter: My Poor Bored Cat

Walter, in September, happily sitting by me in the sun. 

Well today is Groundhog Day and it was bright and sunny here. Which supposedly means six more weeks of winter. I don't know if Walter can wait that long. The poor thing is bored, bored, bored! He really wants to go outside. It is not that I wont let him outside, it is that he does not like wet stuff on his paws or cold. (Walter can not get out of the backyard, it is fenced in and Walter is wider than the fence openings.) Sometimes he will go sit on the deck, in a dry spot, and look at the 3 feet of snow in the backyard.

To counteract his boredom I have been playing with him a lot and playing his Video Catnip movie. Still the poor thing is bored. Even his new toys are not as exciting as they were. Sadly, when he is extremely bored he nibbles the hair from his tummy and back legs. He actually does this all year round, but it is worse when he can't (well won't) go outside.

 

Look at that sad tum! I sometimes tell people that he wants to be a poodle. He really likes having his bizarre bare tummy rubbed though, so I guess that is a plus. I am going to start some cat grass for him, that should give him a bit of excitement. Still, we need Spring to come soon, before he is completely naked! 

2 comments:

  1. Aw! He's so cute! And bored looking. I hope it gets warmer soon for his sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if Walter likes his naked tummy (the thoughts of a cat seem to be quite strange sometimes), he is surely yearning for the first day without snow! Poor Walter, be patient, spring will come soon...

    ReplyDelete