Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

French Friday's with Dorie: Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice With Spinach

~After Christmas I bought Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan. Shortly thereafter I found the group French Fridays with Dorie. Each week we cook one recipe from the book.~


Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice with Spinach, found on page 380, was the French Friday's recipe for last Friday, but I just made it yesterday. I had seen this recipe on Yummy Chunklet’s and Elaine’s blogs and their's looks so good that I just had to make it. I am so glad I did because it was fabulous! As you can see below I used Dorie's Bon Idée of stuffing the rice into peppers. 



I will be making this often. It was fairly easy to make too. We still have leftovers and I am looking forward to them for lunch tomorrow. 

5 comments:

  1. You made them, Ronda! :) It's such a great recipe and I am so glad you like them. And, it's good to have you cooking with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleasantly surprised about this dish myself! I like that you followed the Bonne Idee. I've been meaning to do that as well. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuffing the rice into the peppers is a really great idea, I have never tasted it. My mouth is already watering...

    ReplyDelete
  4. your stuffed roasted pepper looks good! and I agree, better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just now got my post up; maybe someone else will come along and save me from last place:) Stuffing the peppers looks good!

    ReplyDelete