Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

30 Days of Biking: Day 3

Theme for the day: One should heed one’s own advice.

My own bridge over troubled waters. 
This morning I decided to set off for the post office. I had a postcard to mail and I thought it would be a nice trip. I made it to the post office and then I was feeling so good that I decided to take a longer trip home. So instead of going straight up Kumquat I decided to take Egret to a different trial. That was possibly a mistake.  The detour across HWY 10 went fine and I made it up the trail and back across 10, but then trouble arose. 

I went north on the trail that links to the trail I usually take and at first all was going well. But then I thought to myself, "Hmmm....this trail is really messy. All those sticks and such might not be good for that bad tire..." And don’t ya know it was then that I heard a swishing sound and then a hissing sound and that was all she wrote. Sally’s bum tire blew! I stood there for a few seconds in disbelief. Some wild solutions came to my head, but there really wasn't much I could do except start walking. 


View April 3, 2012 - Bike in a larger map
(I actually went through the parking lot to the an unlisted trail in Erlandson Park. 
That is where I encountered the bridge shown at the top of the post.) 



View April 3, 2012 - Walk in a larger map
(Again one can walk through Woodview Park.)

So walk I did. In the end I rode Sally about 6 miles and pushed her for about 2 miles. I know, I know. I said that I should stay closer to home. At least I wasn’t 5 miles away! (I would really have been complaining if I had still been in Erlandson Park.) I am not really sure what I am going to do about tomorrow.


Falls under the railroad bridge on my walk home. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to read about your misfortune today! You were feeling so good and your trip started very well, hence I really understand your frustration.

    Though I hope this mishap will not throw you off the track, but you will be able to repair Sally soon - and then you can continue to explore your vicinity by bike again! Good luck and all my best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that the blown tire to happen further out than 2 miles. Sheesh! It looks and sounds like you made the best of it though. I hope that you can get Sally's tire patched so that you are back on the road again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you had some nice scenery, right?

    ReplyDelete