Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

30 Days of Biking 2013: Day 16


As the saying goes, you have to make hay while the sun shines. And that is exactly what I did for today's 30 Days of Biking Ride! I rode 8.52 miles! 

It was really fairly nice out. I only wish that I had gone another 1.5 miles so that I could say it was over 10, because it does not look like I will be getting in another long ride until next at least Saturday. Apparently Winter Storm Yogi is going to hit us hard over the next few days. (I don't know that I will ever get used to naming winter storms.)

On the bright side, it might be in the 50’s by the end of next week! Whoo-hooo! That should bring in warm weather just in time for May and National Bike Month.


I rode up University Ave today. It was under construction
last year at this time, so it was the first time I rode this trail.  
The trail was fine all the way until this point on Main St.
If you  look closely at the picture you can see stop lights
 in the distance. I had to push my way through the snow all
the way to that point. 
The trail I usually take was fairly clear. 
But when I got to Woodview Park it was snow-covered again.
Those are my bike tracks through the snow!

Miles Today: 8.52
Total Miles: 47.89

4 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of hay today. Great that you enjoyed that sunny day on your bike ride! I hope the National Bike Month will be free of snow there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and when I say I "pushed myself through the snow" in the one picture above, I mean that I pushed myself to ride through it. I made it all the way to the lights without stopping! Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are naming the snow storms?! You still have so much snow on the ground, but it looks like it was a beautiful day for a bike ride. I am so happy you were able to enjoy your ride and log in some extra miles. Great job!

    ReplyDelete