Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

30 Days of Biking 2013: Day 21


I did not want to go for a ride today. We got back from having lunch at my mother’s house at about 3:30 and it was gloomy, gusty and grey out. I just wanted to curl up and either nap or read, but I got dressed and set out anyway.

The minute I closed the garage door and started up the GPS it started to rain. I planned a very short ride in my head as I set off down the driveway, but by the time I hit the road I knew I was riding down Foley to take a picture of this sign:



They have had it up since before Easter, but I don’t think it is currently spreading the message they had originally hoped for…

And, of course, once I got on the bike I rode and rode. I am always surprised how my enthusiasm soars the minute I am on the bike and riding. I ended up getting in 5.72 miles!



Miles Today: 5.67
Total Miles: 77.3

4 comments:

  1. I often experience the same: It's a great feeling to be on the way with the bike. I only have to bring myself to start, then I notice that enthusiasm too...

    And the sign of the Cross Point Church was definitely worth the effort!

    By the way, do you know the meaning of the abbreviation "B.G.C." in the name of the church?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it stands for Baptist General Conference. http://bit.ly/13Qb2w1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your Internet link, it was interesting to read about this church and its historic roots!

      Delete