Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

National Bike Month: Day 11

8.5 Miles.


I had an unpleasant ride weather-wise today. It was about 45 degrees with winds at 26 miles per hour with intermittent sun and rain. Not the best riding conditions. 

On top of the weather issues I am having bike issues. Ursula is making a strange sound as I pedal. I don't think it is a good thing. So today I rode Rodney's bike, which I call Monte. Once I put the seat as low as it could go I was able to ride Monte, but he is heavier than Ursula and rides a bit differently. 

So with the strong winds and the heavier bike riding was a bit tough. Still I made it 8.5 miles. Tomorrow I plan to ride Ursula to the repair shop and then I will ride Monte until she is ready to roll again.


Miles Today: 8.5
Total Miles 2013: 274.26
Total Miles National Bike Month: 117.07
Total Miles for National Bike Challenge: 117.07
National Bike Challenge Local Position: 17th  (out of 338 riders.)
      ~ I am in 3rd place for women riders in Minnesota!~
National Bike Challenge National Position: 1026th (out of 17267 riders)
      ~I am in 145th place for women Nationally.~

Days in a row: 41


1 comment:

  1. Oh, 26 mph are quite strong winds, thus 8.5 miles are a great effort! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that Ursula will be okay as soon as possible and that the costs for the repair will be bearable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete