Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Crafting: Norwegian House Slippers Part II

So as an experiment I made another pair of Norwegian House Slippers. The original pair I made I was not 100% happy with. This time I used Granny Squares to make them. I got the idea from the pattern I used for this pair of slippers:



They are put together is a similar way as the Norwegian House Slippers, except they are made with 6 squares instead of 8. I thought that it would be interesting to see how the Granny Squares felted. So I set off to make a pair. This is how they looked before I felted them:



And this is how they looked after felting:



I don’t think I like the felted look for these. I like to be able to see the stitches on the Granny Squares. They also didn't shrink quite as much as I thought they would. I am going to have to re-felt this pair to make them small enough for my littlest god-daughter. She is only about 20 months old, so they need to be quite a bit smaller.

My next project will be another pair of these slippers for my older god-daughter/niece. I have bought some really bright colored wool for her pair. I am going to use the same basic method as the first pair I made without those weird white lines I added!

While I was waiting for the slippers to felt to day I made this cat toy for Walter:



This is the second toy I have made him. I made him one a week or so ago, but now I can’t find it! I had found it under the couch a couple of times, but now I have no idea where it is. He seems to like this one just as much.

1 comment:

  1. I like the green-red-white pattern of your 2nd experiment, very pretty!

    Oh, and hopefully, Walter will not lose your nice toy, it would be a pity!

    ReplyDelete